Creston garage fire


Creston — The Ogle-Lee Fire Protection District responded to a Garage Fire at 7135 South Locust Road in rural Creston at 7:44 p.m. on Saturday Nov. 24. Firefighters from Ogle-Lee Fire Protection District’s Creston, Steward, Hillcrest and Flagg Center Stations along with firefighters from the Rochelle Fire Department responded to the scene. Upon arrival firefighters found smoke coming from a three-car detached garage with a smoldering fire on the west exterior wall of the structure. The homeowner had extinguished the majority of the fire with a fire extinguisher and water prior to the arrival of the fire department. Firefighters were able locate and extinguish smoldering fires in the west exterior wall.

Creston Fire Chief Curt Ward said the cause of the fire appears to be accidental and was caused from embers of nearby burning leaves being blown under the siding of the garage. Damage is estimated to be approximately $3,000. There were no civilian or firefighter injuries. Firefighters remained on scene for approximately one hour.

 


Video News