Fire to Rochelle home contained in attic


ROCHELLE — A window unit air conditioner was found to be the cause of an electrical fire at a home in the 1000 block of Lincoln Highway Thursday night.
The Rochelle Fire Department was called to 1022 Lincoln Highway just after 10 p.m. Thursday for smoke coming from the attic area of the home.
The fire started in the second floor ceiling and then spread to the attic of the home. Firefighters were able to contain the flames in the attic.
Cost damage was estimated at $10,000. No one was injured.
Crews were on scene for approximatly two hours. Lincoln Highway was closed for traffic in the 1,000 block while firefighters were at the home.


Video News