ROCHELLE — In an effort to help one Rochelle business improve its curb appeal, Rochelle Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors established the Curb Appeal Makeover Contest.
A program to fund the facility improvements of one member business with a monetary grant of up to $5,000. All interested members are required to complete a simple application and adhere to the contest criteria. A banner announcing the participant as the winner will be provided to them and must be displayed prominently for 60 days after the ceremony announcing the winner. When work is completed, the Chamber will hold an unveiling ceremony at the business. The winner allows the Chamber to use any photos of the completed work for Chamber promotions.
An independent selection committee of five, appointed by the Chamber Board, will make the final decision after reviewing all eligible applications.
The contest winner will be announced shortly after the contest ends. The purpose of the contest is simple — to improve aesthetics and provide an opportunity for the Chamber to give monetary support to its members.
Many businesses will benefit from their program.
1. Contest is open only to Chamber Members in good standing.
2. Non-Members who wish to participate must first purchase a two-year
3. Entrants must be the facility owner of record, or have written permission from the landlord ply with all of the requirements and obligations of the contest.
4. Up to $5,000 will be awarded for exterior improvements only.
5. Applications must be received by: 4:30 p.m. on April 12, 2021.
6. Work should be completed by Nov. 1, 2021.
7. The business receiving the grant will be asked to sign a waiver of liability.
8. Contractors and suppliers employed by the grant must be members of the Chamber. If a contractor is not a member, they may become eligible for this program upon receipt of a paid two-year chamber membership.
Mail applications to:
Rochelle Area Chamber of Commerce
501 6th Ave.
Rochelle, IL 61068